Sunday, September 26, 2010

BORED TO DEATH Wine Tasting Event


Who is Jonathan Ames? Well, he’s an alcoholic, a writer, and self proclaimed private detective. I’m speaking of course of the character played by Jason Schwartzman in the HBO series BORED TO DEATH. Not to be confused with the writer of the series, Jonathan Ames. For those of you that watch the show, you’ll know that Jonathan has a passion for white wine. So, I found it fitting that HBO hosted a wine detective event to kick off the premiere of Bored to Death season 2.


The challenge: to correctly guess the varietal of 8 glasses of white wine. Now, I know way more about the show than I do about white wine so I put my detective skills to use and actually didn’t do too bad. For example, if the clue was that it was a Spanish wine, I marked the option with the most Spanish sounding name – maybe I should become a private detective as well? For those of you not familiar with the show, Bored to Death is about a writer Jonathan Ames (Jason Schwartzman), Ray Hueston (Zach Galifianakis) a comic book illustrator and Jonathan’s friend, and George Christopher (Ted Danson) who plays Jonathan’s editor and friend. It’s based off the graphic novel by Jonathan Ames called “The Alcoholic”. In Season 1 Jonathan suffers a bad breakup, is bored with writing and turns to white wine and detective work to amuse himself. Season 2 begins this Sunday September 26th at 10 PM on HBO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Wines Wire